- 2 eggs
- 2 potatoes
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 (red) onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup green olives
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup lima beans
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tsp ras el ganout
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp himalaya salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- Some cilantro branches
- 2 tbsp extravergine olive oil
- Preheat the coconut oil in the frying pan.
- Chop the potatoes, garlic, onions and red pepper; and fry them together for 2- 3 min.
- Slice the tomatoes in small pieces and add to the pan, including the chickpeas and beans.
- Cut the cilantro branches and mix it with 1 tbsp olive oil and add all the spices.
- Add the olive oil/ cilantro/ spice mixture and entire green pepper to the pan and pour the olives on top and cover the pan for 3-5 min.
- Break the eggs separately and cover the pan for 1 min.
- Sprinkle the omelette with some salt and paprika powder and serve/ eat with bread.
NOTE: credits to Ahmad Iken, who inspired
us with this dish. We met him in Kellat M’gouna:
a wonderful soul with amazing food flavour.